28.10.09

midterms and defrosters

I need to be better at school. Even though I have put more effort in my studies than in any of my other semesters here, I am still worried about grades.
Math has never been my friend and I am worried that it is going to bring me down. If I bring my grade up to high C and don't miss any classes, then I will get that third grade boost and get a B-.
Education is the other class that I am worried about. I missed one project because I had to rely on someone else to get it done, which is something I hate and it killed my grade. If I stay on top of everything and don't miss any other assignments, I should be fine.
History is going okay. I need to study a littler harder and do a little bit more reading.
If I stay on top of my science work and study harder for my next test, I hope to get my grade up to an A.
Church History is fine. I just need to stay on top of my assignments.
World Foundations is a B right now and if I keep working, I have the potential to bring my grade up to an A.

These are my goals for the rest of the semester:
-Get two-three A's in my final grades
-Pass math! Do not miss any more homework and take more time to read chapters and understand the material
-Do not miss any more assignments in science or education
-Re-read history chapters and take notes from the book.
-Make time for the library. Two to three times a week!
-Schedule out my day and follow through with it.

Now that I am working a full time job, taking 16 credits, trying to balance a new calling in church and spending time with new friends, I have to know when to say when and how to budget my time. I have never felt more like an adult then I do now. It's an insane feeling to realize that I am pretty much on my own and after next semester, I really am on my own, at least financially speaking. It's overwhelming and a bit exhausting, but I am enjoying staying busy and feeling focused. I actually wrote these goals a few days ago and I am proud to say that I haven't had a problem following through with them yet.

On another note:
1. I need to give myself a few extra minutes in the morning before going to work to let my windshield defrost. I almost died this morning and it was completely my fault. I can't wreck my new baby because I can't give myself a few extra minutes to let the engine warm up and the windshield to defrost.
2. My wisdom teeth are moving in fast and they HURT! I honestly don't see how I am going to have enough room in my mouth for four extra teeth.
3. It is COLD today. My joints hurt. I need to start wearing socks.


and for those of you who live in Rexburg:

THIS SATURDAY THE LOCUS IS HAVING A HALLOWEEN PARTY AT THE OLD CAREER BEAUTY COLLEGE! FIVE DOLLARS TO GET IN! it's going to be wicked awesome, the boys just got new bases and a whole bunch of new music. so you should go. yes.

No comments: