8.10.09

clean rooms and soft shoes.

Happy I fit my slippers in the suitcase this time around.
no more pokey rug nails in my toes.
neatly folded up blankets at the foot of my bed.
sleep. escape. rest for the weary soul.

plans and phone calls from best friends.
dishes and music and that blonde head of hair.
captain awesome t-shirt. Mix Cd. Alexander the Great and the sword and elephant.
clean room, growing laundry pile.

mothers and bonfires and weekend surprises.
curled up on little couch with a reliable friend.
history test looming closer. I will pass.

history...
concrete. steady. never changing.
facts. no fairy tales. solid facts.
from which lessons can be learned
and futures built.

history is my thing.

and now. clean rooms and soft shoes.
echos of distant cars down the road.
a bit of an aching heart tonight.
but folded blankets at the foot of my bed say:

"come, for here you will find rest for the weary soul."

No comments: