14.10.09

content

I realize that being "content" isn't a solid thing. being content, at least for me, are moments that happen every so often when I take a moment and look around and realize how much i love my life.

right now, I'm sitting at my desk and it is 12:34 in the morning. there are sounds of my roommates in the hallway brushing their teeth. Symone is already fast asleep in her bed. Our window is cracked and there is a cool rainy breeze blowing through the window shades. my bed is made and my homework is done. nothing out of the ordinary.
I got up this morning, got things done, drove to school in my new car, and went to class. I listened to an Apostle speak at devotional today. I drove home. I took the time to make myself a nice lunch. ham and cheese sandwich with mayo and pickles, some strawberries rolled in sugar and a handful of fritos. I finished watching a tv show. i did some homework. I cleaned my room. I picked up chloe and we went to flute class. I dropped chloe off. I came home, and got a great parking spot. I did laundry. I went to some new friends' apartment and watched a movie and talked. I came home, ate a chocolate bar and took a history quiz. (10 outta 10!) 'jammies and water and blogging.

nothing out of the ordinary. pretty typical day.
but as I sit here, listening to my roommates and the rain and the clicking of my keyboard, I can't help but feel totally and completely content with my life right now. I'll wake up in the morning and something will go wrong or i'll be running late or i'll realize i forgot to do homework. this feeling will go away for a while.
but in this moment, i am so content. i am going to school, i have amazing roommates and friends, i am learning, i am bettering myself, i have an AMAZING family and it is rainy and cool outside.

life is so beautiful.

No comments: