7.10.09

connected!

well, i'm in a music mood.
let me tell you. this weekend I became connected.

my best friend lives in Provo Utah. She is dating my "big brother" who goes to school up here with me. Julianna came up last weekend for her birthday and got a ride off the ride board with a girl who lives in Provo. She found out that her ride has a boyfriend who also goes up to school in Idaho and offered him a seat in Jordan's car for when we went down to Provo the next weekend. It worked out well.

Brad lives in the Pines (where I live). He's a convert to the church. He owns the Locus, the only main music venue in Rexburg. He puts on huge dance parties every few weeks and also books local bands. Brad is connected. He is friends with the band Flyleaf, (some of my FAVORITE music) and their acoustic CD was recorded in his living room! THE VERY SAME ACOUSTIC CD THAT I LISTEN TO ALL OF THE TIME! Flyleaf is going to come play here at the Locus in the near future. Brad also is trying to get Yellowcard to come play here. Brad knows so many other musicians in the area, including the guy who is sponsered by Old Navy and plays all of the music for their commercials.

Plus, Brad has a musical taste similar to my fathers. pure acoustic goodness. I love it. Brad even said we could be on the street team for The Locus and help promote them! AWESOME!

so. before I go to bed, you should listen to some of the new things I was introduced to this weekend.



Allred (awesome voice. awesome medley)



Allred Original:



Boyce Avenue (acoustic versions of every kind of genre of music. awesome)



Boyce Avenue Original:




Flyleaf Acoustic:

No comments: