20.5.09

Words on Wednesday and Tempos of Thursday

two birds in one stone, yes?

I wonder if humans shed around this time of the season because of the season. I have noticed that I'm losing a lot more hair lately and I would like to think it's because I am shedding my winter coat, like my kitties. It is getting warmer here and the cats have been shedding like crazy. Maybe I am shedding my winter coat too and I will soon be ready to move on from this last season and into the coming one. 
or maybe I'm just losing hair because I've dyed it too much.

Tonight I went to the Pinkerton Academy's band concert. It was amazing. Words fail me to describe how beautiful they sounded tonight. The concert band was so balanced and full sounding and they took up the whole stage! And the Wind Ensemble was phenomenal. I have a few videos that I took of them but they really don't do anyone justice.
I am not lying when I say that the one thing I miss about high school is Mr. Adams (the band instructor) and playing for him in concert and in wind. My heart hurt a little today when I realized that I am no longer a member of his band and now just an audience member. I wanted so badly to be up on that stage making music and taking part in one of the best concerts that he has put on since he came to Pinkerton. But I am glad to have witnessed it anyways and I am thankful for the love and passion for music and music making that he has instilled and planted in me. Mr. Adams is why I want to be a teacher. He's just one of those people who inspires. 

anyways. If you have a moment, listen to the concert band and Wind. 

Concert Band playing Flight of the Falcon, directed by Ms. Sandra Clark. 



Wind Ensemble playing the end of Vesuvius, directed by Mr. Mike Adams.

No comments: