15.5.09

Freedom Friday: Did you say it?

Grey's Anatomy gets me every time:

"Did you say it?...
                        .....'I Love You....
....I don't ever want to live without you....
....You've changed my life...'
Did you say it?
Make a plan.
Set a goal.
Work toward it, but every now and then,
Look around.
Drink it in.

'Cause this is it...
It might all be gone tomorrow...."


One of the greatest lessons I have learned from being sick was to tell the people I love that I love them. There have been many instances when I didn't take the chance to say that, thinking that I would always have the opportunity to say that to someone and then waking up one day with that opportunity gone and the words unspoken. 
Those have been some of the most heartbreaking experiences of my life and I have vowed to myself to always be telling the people I love that I love them, no matter what is happening in my own life. And I have found that taking a step back and looking at the people in my life really makes me feel so humbled and blessed to have those people around. 

So.
Did you say it? 
I love you.
Because it's true...
Things change and sometimes, it really will be all gone tomorrow. 

No comments: