1.5.09

Freedom Friday: Prayers

I have this little poem framed on my desk that I read every time I sit down. My aunt gave it to me when I was baptized into my church when I was eight. Whenever I read it, I always think of the people who I love and miss and who I am thinking of and then I say a prayer for them. It's almost like a little reminder to think and pray for the people who I love and to be thankful for their presence in my life.

I said a prayer for you today and I know that God must have heard. I felt the answer in my heart, although he spoke no word. I didn't ask for wealth or fame; I knew you wouldn't mind. I asked him instead to send you treasures of another kind. I asked that he'd be near to you at the start of each new day, to grant you health and blessings and friends to share along your way. I asked for happiness for you in all things great and small. But it was for his loving care, I prayed for most of all. 

I know that I am not the only one who is struggling with things right now in my life. I am thankful for the people that God has put into my life at this time who have become huge supports to me. I can only hope and pray that I can be a strength to them as they are to me.


These are my thoughts.
This is my prayer.

No comments: