12.7.11

making plans and stuff

Today I called my boss at school and confirmed that 1. I still had a job there and 2. I would be back in the fall to work. I sent her my schedule and talked about when I needed to be out there (she's hiring at the beginning of the semester and might need my help). THEN I did all my loan stuff for school and got that going. After that, I printed out my housing application and signed it and have it ready to be mailed in tomorrow (just need to call and see if I can use my credit card for the deposit). I figured out my schedule for classes and called to officially change my major. (I'm declared a history major and an english minor, but I've been taking classes for an english major since my third semester at school and just never changed it officially. Apparently, I needed to be on top of that sooner, because I now have too many credits for a simple switch and need to petition to change it). But at least I have that process started now and I'll finish it when I'm back in Idaho. I called Symone and talked about living together again (and praying and crossing my fingers that it works out!). I started looking at flights and hopefully will have that booked by the end of the week. I also wrote letters to Elder Geddie and Sister Moore and have them addressed and stamped, along with applying for a Southwest Credit Card (should have done that years ago because I fly them soooo frequently) and I did my visa paper work for China. AND I joined a gym so that I can 1. work on my knee for the next seven weeks and so that I can also tone up a little bit. 

ON TOP of that, I worked at camp ALL day, helping with check-ins, orientation, and sawing an old bench in half and lugging a chainsaw around in the back of the ATV. It was close to 100 degrees today and it was HUMID! After doing all that work, Mom, Bishop, Ed and I sat in the office with the fan and talked for a couple of hours. It was honestly so great. As I sat there, listening to them all tell stories and make jokes, all's I could think of is how lucky I am to be able to serve with these people every day, and how lucky I am that they all love me and support me and care about me. I'm so humbled to have such a small part in working at camp with these incredible people who truly inspire me and have shown me Christ-like love and service. I am going to miss them (my family, the Bratts and the Yorks) the most when I go back to school. 

So, all in all, it's been a busy and productive day. Tomorrow I need to make a few phone calls to my apartment complex, my credit card company and ILP to make sure everything is in order. And I'm going on a kayaking adventure with a new friend! yay!

Happy Tuesday! 

No comments: