10.7.11

Garret Sherwood

playing loud music in a big empty house full of big empty memories
has got my soul on fire
i'm heading north tomorrow...
i'm heading north
tomorrow.

There are two trees,
one perfect and tall, the other
is twisted like me.
i don't think i can climb them both
but even if i could
i don't think i would, because the ground
isn't not as giving as the God who twisted me up
in the first place
who place tightly wound seeds under my fingernails
and toenails, expecting me to stay golden and rustless.

but the truth is that my fruit is only sweet until
the second bite
and the truth is that i don't even actually know
why, but i know there must be a reason
some piece of history that god has sent for me to retreive
so i broke that window in that big empty house.

the place where god made me.

No comments: