26.7.11

glasses and hair cuts

I'm trying desperately to grow out my hair ever since it started growing back five years ago. 
it is a losing battle on a general basis.
I finally got it past the awkward hair length stage a year ago and was doing really well until December when I decided I needed a trim. 
Apparently "trim" means two-three inches off.
so I haven't cut it since that fateful December, until last week when I realized that my ends were so fried, that I needed to do something about it.
But once again, a trim apparently means "two-three inches off."


and also, "reshape my side bangs" means this concoction: 


I have learned that when you go for a hair cut, you need to be VERY specific with your hair dresser about what you want. So, I came up with a list of things to keep in mind when going to get your hair cut.

1. Specify how much hair you want off. Don't say things like "trim" or "take off the dead stuff" because that is basically saying: "cut whatever you the heck you want, I don't care." Specifically state "only a half inch off" in order to preserve length.

2. Bring in pictures. Having something specific to show your hair dresser will always help them see what you can't put into words. As an English major, I'm often describing concepts instead of physical attributes. "I want edgier ends instead of whimsical." Yeah, that doesn't get you ANYWHERE, let me tell you.

3. Never say words like "heavy" when referring to your bangs. Ever.

4. When getting your bangs recut or shaped, ALWAYS pick a spot on your face that is lower then where you want your shortest piece to be. For instance, I should have said "below my eye" instead of "below my eyebrow" in order to have the length of bangs that I wanted.

5. Remember that hair grows back. 

IN OTHER NEWS! My grandparents took me to see Captain America today. I'm still completely unsure about what I think of it, but I was excited that I got the 3D glasses and remembered to keep them. I always thought that the "nerd glasses" fad that is going on right now was a bit ridiculous, but when I popped these babies on my face, I was hooked. I wore them to dinner and all evening. And, my sister now owes me five bucks because I bet her that the first thing Mom would say to me when I came home was how ridiculous I looked. Her words exactly were: "What are you doing with those silly things on your face, you goober!"

Five bucks richer!




2 comments:

Paige Munden said...

uh hi you look HOT

...that's all i really have to say

Symone said...

So, when I see you in 6 weeks now (AHHHHHHHHH!!!), can we take a picture with the glasses? Since I have the same ones. :]