20.7.11

Links and Logs

it is hot hot hot today and the weather channel says it's supposed to stay that way for the rest of the week. I love summer here, but I could do with a little less humidity, please and thank you. I keep on thinking about the missionaries in the New England area when the weather is like this, and I hope that mine is staying hydrated while doing the work in Massachusetts.

I worked out today for the first time since my knee replacement and boy oh boy, was it a reality check on how out of shape I've become and how much effort I need to keep putting into recovery. I'm not going to lie, it was a little frustrating and discouraging to get on the eliptical and only be able to handle seven minutes of it before my knee started to get tremors (nasty muscle convulsions). But, my iPod knew exactly what song to play as I started to let those emotions get the best of me. Thirty Seconds to Mars reminded me to keep fighting this fight, because my recovery is an ongoing battle. Okay knee replacement. This Is War.

Super empowering.

In other news, I had the super awesome opportunity to guest blog for Paige about New England, so you should go check it out. Paige was one of my guest bloggers last month during the opening weeks of Zion's Camp and she wrote an awesome letter to her 16-year-old self, so if you missed out on that, go read it here.

also, in the coming days, I will be doing a major blog redesign, so hold tight while I get my head on straight and figure out what I want to do with my life/blog.

and finally, my contact for my housing is in and the deposit has been made. I'm living in the newest apartments in Rexburg this semester (though it was not by choice) but I'm excited, none the less. I can't wait to have my own washer and dryer, because I had to roll all my quarters to pay for my cell phone bill this month. As much as I love having a summer to just focus on recovering, it is a pain to not be making money!

No comments: