28.7.11

i believe in miracles


Today, my family and I walked around the Lost River Flume Gorge and Caves. 
It was over a mile of endless stairs and crawling through and around rocks in the heart of the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
And not only did I make it through the whole hike without tripping or falling,
I made it through pain free.


Being "crippled" for the last five years was something I learned to adjust to. It was pointless to get upset about the adventures I was missing out on because I was alive and that was all that mattered at the end of the day. Yeah, I had my days when I through myself pity parties because I was left out or because I was physical unable to do things-I can't even express how frustrated I was at times at being so limited and at the loss of my left leg's usage.
But today...
Today, I hiked through a Gorge and went up and down over two hundred steps. Today, I was not limited or scared of pushing my boundaries. Today, I was pain free. Today was the first time in five years I pushed myself to my limits without feeling the hurt.
Today, I remembered what it was like to have two legs-and I appreciated it more then I ever have in my life.
Today, I was reminded why I chose to put myself through those months of pain and why I continue to work through the tough days of rehab. Today, I was reminded of how real miracles are, because I'm only four months out from a total knee replacement on an alleograph and I wasn't even supposed to be off crutches yet.

Miracles are everywhere.
Just Believe!

1 comment:

Aisha The Girl said...

Simply amazing. That is what I think about when I think of you!! Thanks for being such an inspiration and great!! <3