10.7.11

About Hair Colors

My name is Chelsie, and I have a problem.
Hair Dye.

When my hair was long enough for a pony tail, I whipped out hair dye faster then you could say "you have hair again!" I was determined to do whatever I wanted with my hair while I had it back-being bald is no fun at 16 years old! So I dyed it. and I dyed it. and I dyed it.
Five years later, and I'm still not sure what my natural color hair is anymore.
I recently blogged about going blonde for the summer and how fun of a change that was.
It was fun. But my mother absolutely hated it and after hearing that every day for weeks on end, I decided I would put it back.

Turns out I was meant to be a brunette.

I've decided that I need to take a break from the dye. My hair is getting that terrible "fried" feeling and if I want to be successful with growing it out, I need to calm down on the chemicals. 

So, here is the plan: No more hair dye for the rest of the year.




On another note:
I am currently digging plain white v-neck t-shirts. I think it is so refreshing to wear something that fits well, but is simple enough that I can play up my accessories without over doing it-like today! Butterfly earrings that my brother gave me for christmas and a pink bow in my newly colored hair! Add a pair of dark denim jeans and cute flats and ta-da! A simple, but awesome and flattering summer evening look.


1 comment:

Paige Munden said...

1) uhhhh those pictures are STUNNING
2) i love your hair dark
3) not sure why my natural hair color is anymore either
4) i think it's funny that your mom didn't like your hair blonde so you dyed it back dark, because two years ago my mom hated my hair dark, so i dyed it back light
5) i love white v-necks more than anything in the world
6) i just think you're really great okaythatsallbye