4.9.09

Continues to be beautiful

A letter from the mother of a dear friend of mine who lost her fight to Osteosarcoma:

Meghan was so thrilled when she got to "hang" with Val and Chelsie - like she was part of the big girl posse and despite the age difference - she was part of the gang.  The girls ALWAYS made her feel so special and Val and Chelsie should know what a difference that made in Meghan's life.  I know that feeling like she was part of the gang made her feel so much more comfortable during treatment at Children's.

God knows how to give me a reality check.
I am reminded after a particular disappointing day that there are far more important things in life than having a car or the money to fix a tired one. There are much more meaningful and beautiful things in life then the material things that I sometimes lose my focus on. I had a bit of a meltdown tonight, following a rough ride to do errands today in my tired little car. I had lost a lot of faith and was so discouraged by my circumstances. But now, I remember what is truly important in life and I am so thankful for my many blessings. I know that this is part of my plan and that the man upstairs knows what he is doing. I have faith that things will work out.

To my girls Meg and Maddie. I miss you more then words can describe and there isn't a day that goes by when I do not think of you. Thank you for sharing your beautiful spirits with me and for encouraging me to keep on pressing forward. I love you, my little sisters.

And tonight I will sleep soundly knowing that no matter what happens, life continues to be beautiful.

No comments: