30.9.09

apple picking and damp air

snooze buttons are my worst enemy
and jamba juice never fails to make me happy.

rainy cool weather reminds me of late fall days in New Hampshire
and I've been filled with nostalgia all day:
this warm feeling in my lower stomach that fills me up and makes me feel like my lungs are full of air. Breathing in damp air filled with the soft scent of gentle fall decay causes scenes to flash, fast paced, in front of my eyes. Soccer games at depot field, late afternoon marching band rehearsals, raking leaves in the back yard, apple picking and exploring pumpkin patches, long car rides taking the back roads to Julianna's house filled with an explosion of color, the first of sweaters and winter hats, and general new england love all come to me at once when I breathe in that damp, fall air.

sweatpants, chamomile tea in mugs, open windows, blankets and a good book+damp air and trees with a bit of color=a piece of home while being across the country.


No comments: