8.7.09

Kids say the darndest things...

today at work:

"ALEX THINKS HIS MOM IS HOTT!"
"SO? what is your mom like?"
"DUDE! My mom is ugly!"


I enjoy my job and the kids who I spend time with. Today consisted of obstical courses, friendship bracelets and Alvin and the Chipmunks with a phone call to Alexandra before taking Hamilton the long way home. It's still raining and it's like the sun completely forgot about shining in New England. Sole instrumental driven songs with layered vocals is my current musical preference. Songs like Screaming Infedelities by Dashboard Confessional, Happiness by The Fray and Warning Sign by Coldplay.  A list of phone calls to make is piling up and I finally downloaded a "to-do list" application on my iPod, which is once again playing music through the headphone jack. I've settled with a blog lay-out and spent longer then I should have editing my header picture on picnik.com because my mom came into my room and started to list off old high school friends and asking what they are doing right now. When told how each person was either busy or not in an hour radius of Hampstead, she moved to the next name. I think she feels bad for me and the fact that I am alone a lot, and that I'm having a tough time on my own right now. 

Tea and blankets and open windows with cool rainy air coming into my room and Lord of the Rings sounds like a perfect way to welcome the evening.

No comments: