11.7.09

Families, Fires and Bats

lately, my eyes have been opened more and more to the wonderful family I have. Being home this summer after being away for so long has been a really good thing for me. Even though I miss school and my friends out in Idaho, I've realized in my time being home that my family members can be my friends as well. 

I've taken the time I've had in the last few weeks to really spend time with them, and it's amazing to me how much fun we have together now. Maybe it's just because all of my memories of times past are filled with bickers and arguments because I was a teenager who thought that siblings and parents were created for the sole reason of disagreeing with. But this newfound realization that families are for friends has made my time home so much more enjoyable. 

Anyways. Here is are some pictures from our fire pit adventure tonight. Mom's project finished and in all of it's (and her) glory:



Mom whittling her own stick and defending her whittling skills:


"ooooh, look at this one. it's PERfect."


Mom taking a giant bite out of her s'more:

"I'm foaming at the mouth! I have rabies!"

"I'm all sticky!"

Candid of Jake and Ashley cracking up at my mother's s'more eating experience:

Me: oh look, a bat!
Mom: BAT!!!!! WHERE?!!?! I WANT TO SEE A BAT! OO! THERE HE IS...OH! oo! LOOK! He's eating all of those 'skitos!

Dad: Does this have a draining hole!
Mom: YES!....what's a draining hole?


a full hour of no bickering or arguing, marshmellows and s'more eating adventures, Petrie, Pookie, Marvin and Jitters (our backyard bats) CHITS not SH***, and genuine happiness. 

Thank you God, for such a wonderful family.


No comments: