31.3.09

thundersnow


It seems that when life gets really hard and stressful, and my emotions are very fragile and haywire, and I've reached the very end of my straw with certain things or situations, that God gives me something to pull me back to my center.

It's been an interesting week, to say the least. Goodbyes have been made, friends have gone their ways, stress has started to sink in, work has started to pile up and endless cleaning has driven my body into massive knots of muscle and bruises. Concerns about jobs during the summer, cars running, sick boyfriends and finalizing storage plans and travel plans for the end of the semester have all been bouncing off the the inside of my head. It's been a roller coaster couple of days.

I was beginning to get to that point again where I was so focused on the problems in my life, that I was becoming blind to the simplicity that always brings me great joy and comfort.

And today, for some odd reason while it was snowing outside in Idaho, it thundered. 



Symone and I outside in the thundersnow

Standing outside for a few minutes, enjoying the sound of thunder rolling through the valley of the burg, I couldn't help but take a deep breath and pull myself back to my center. It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful this world is, and how lucky I feel to witness the glory of these things, like thunderstorms. Listening to the thunder echoing, I couldn't help but have life thrown back into perspective for me. Life has it's complexities, but it always seems to me that when I sit back and enjoy thunderstorms, how simple things really and truly are.

So now, I sit at my desk, ready to finish out this month and ready to start April with the echos of thunder running through my head. I'm okay. I'm back at my center. 

I'm thankful for thunder.


No comments: