19.3.09

memories and best friends

So, I'm sitting in Science, bored out of my mind and wasting away. This class is so pointless. 
I'm trying hard not to freak out or get too excited about the fact that I am finally getting OUT of Idaho tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm going to be in some beautiful Californian sunshine, in the company of my two best friends from last semester. And I am so excited to meet some new friends whom I already adore. I've got packing lists running through my mind at lightening speed, along with everything else I need to get done today before I leave.

anyways.

To pass the time in science today, I ventured into my yahoo.com email account. Scary. I'm pretty sure I had 1,089 unread messages. Most of them being spam, but there are some from Aaron, which I want to read. Apparently Bishop has failed to switch my e-mail address on the forwarding list. I also re-read some e-mails from when I was in my second year of high school between some old friends of mine. The first thing that hit me was: "Wow, I've grown up so much." We all have. Life was filled with drama, a lot of it childish and unnecessary. It amazed me to read how unhappy I was at times, and how lost I was. Looking at where I stand now, I can honestly see how far I have really come. I know who I am now, and I know where I am going. I can honestly say that I am genuinely happy with my life. 

Anyways, as I was sifting through the massive amounts of junk, I came across a confirmation email to my live journal! I totally forgot about it! I logged in, and re-read a few of my entries and this is the one that brought the biggest smile to my face.

June 9th, 2006

So I got home from camping last night. It was amazing and way too much fun. We had the perfect weather, and that just made spending the weekend in the mountains even more beautiful. I LOVE NEW HAMPSHIRE! always, Brett and Juli make my life and this weekend did not go without our laughs.

Bullet form account of our trip:

-Brett breaking his sandals within the first 10 minutes of arrival
-Sister G (Brett's mom) Discussing the color coordination of m&ms
-Ian "roughing it" in shorts
-This tent. Is bananas.
-pussy cat, pussy cat WOOOWOWOWOWOOOO!
-"Yeah, they could have made money off of me too."
-"I'm trying to think of the creepiest thing thats happened to me while I was in my bed..." (Brett said this)
-Brett and his need to have even draw-strings
-"Want to now what's weird? My sister forgot to bring socks."
-45's for six hours straight.
-The latrines. no more needs to be said, right Juli?
-Throwing water at Dave while he was sleeping. HAHAHAHA
-Staying up until 1 AM around the campfire, listening to all of the adults snore
-this sucks. i mean. sox. (with an angry glare from my mother)


I remember this weekend so perfectly. It was our first annual family camp-out (My family, Brett's family, Juli's family and the Phillips). Sometimes I wish I could back to those memories for a few days. We were so carefree (well, as carefree as possible) in moments like those.

It is with a great peace as I read this entry from three years ago that I realized that Juli and Brett are always going to be around. We're always going to be friends and they will always be around for the rest of my life. It amazes me to remember where we all were three years ago, and to look at where we are now. Juli is in her second year of college and she is going to England in a few weeks for a study abroad. Brett is in Provo as well, finishing up his first year at college and getting ready to serve his mission. We've all grown up, we've all come so far and yet, we still spend weekends out here laughing at the ridiculous things that we used to laugh at three years ago. 
I'm so thankful for my friends and for the knowledge that they will always be around. It's so nice having that comfort. 







No comments: