31.12.11

2011 in review

On the last day of the year, I go through every blog entry I've written and relive every high and low moment I experienced over the last 12 months. As I was doing this today, I realized that 2011 was a huge year. a HUGE year. Here is a recap:

I said the hardest goodbye to my best friend and love of my life as he left to serve a mission in Mexico.
I drove across the country with my dad in 42 hours. straight. 
Dustin was reassigned to the New Hampshire, Manchester Mission and we had to stop writing.
I got my knee totally replaced and my life slowly, but surely, back.
I got accepted to teach English in China for spring of 2012.
My parents were called to be service missionaries at Zion's Camp and I spent every day serving there with them. 
I purchased a DSLR and learned how to view the world through a lens.
I healed faster then thought and decided to go back to school.
Hurricane Irene hit New England.
I became an official five-year cancer survivor!
I met Sebasthian and Elysha (Dustin's trainer and his lovely girlfriend) and got to photograph them!
I dyed my hair red.
I became a lead student at my job, became close with the girls I work with and spent thursdays with Paige eating thai food.
I finished the semester and came home to my Cazz Machine
I am making preparations to go live in China for five months.

Yes, this year has been challenging in more ways then I could ever have imagined. But I learned a lot and a grew a lot and I'd like to think I'm the same person as I was in January...just a better version. 

No comments: