22.2.11

Five Years and Counting

February marks five years since I started my cancer journey. February 2nd was the five year mark of my diagnoses. February 12th was the five year mark of my first chemo. and February 14th was the five year mark of the end of my first chemo. 

Five Years. 
This is a big deal.

They say that once you start hitting the five year mark, you are out of the woods.
If I hit the five year mark on October 16th (The day I became officially in remission) my chances of relapse are next to none.

This is a big deal.
Because there have been so many times when I never thought I would see this day come.
And there have been so many set backs and so many trials that have been set in my way that made this year almost impossible to believe in.

But here I am, slowly getting closer to October 16th.
Slowly getting to the point where I will be "out of the woods."

I am so grateful to be alive.
I am so grateful for my life.



Sarcoma knows no borders.
it does not discriminate.
it does not judge.
it does not attack a certain race, gender or age.

but sarcoma also knows true love,
compassion. generosity. intensity. kindness.
sarcoma knows how to bring people together
and how to teach the most unsuspecting 15 year old girl
how life is so fragile and so beautiful
and to never take it for granted.

Sarcoma knows no borders.
it will reach out and touch countless lives.
it has changed mine.
and i am so grateful for it.

I'M ALMOST A FIVE YEAR SURVIVOR!

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!

No comments: