18.4.11

on change and other things

sometimes, there are moments when i just get blindsided. 
it was a lazy, beautiful day in new england;
my favorite kind: sunny, breezy and perfect blue skies.
new hampshire is just starting to come alive right now, and I live for this time of the year.
but within a few clicks of the mouse; life has changed.

here are a few things i've learned as i've dealt with a million emotions:

Change is the only constant thing in life. as hard as it is sometimes, it is the only thing we can rely on never changing.
Change gives us opportunities to learn. Through change, we have the ability to be taught the greatest lessons in life. And, if we get too caught up in the actual change, we lose out on learning those lessons.

My belief in my religion is the only thing that I can rely on to pull me through hard times.
I am willing to do anything or sacrifice anything for those I love. 
I believe in the bigger picture and in the plan that clearly is beyond me. but I believe in it and I trust it, so I'm letting go of everything I thought I knew and putting it all into the Lord's hands. 

And while I stood at the edge of my ocean today; I realized that I am so small in this world,
but that I still count for something anyway.
I am a believer of life and of living mine to the fullest potential.
I've got to do a little bit of reworking and going back to the drawing boards, 
but I am ready to face it.

I'm making my own plans (and working hard with God to make sure they are the right ones)
and I'm throwing my old ones away (the ones where I thought I knew what I was doing and clearly needed to be redirected)

Hello Summer, 2011. 
You are holding some of the biggest challenges I have yet to face.
but I'm ready to take you on.

this is my life. and i'm the only one who is strong enough to live it. 






No comments: