12.12.10

Meet Dustin

Dustin is watermelon chapstick and pina coolata sobes. Dustin is the laughter that fills your chest before the story is told. He is the smile in between sentences, and genuine character. The voice that soothes a weary soul at the end of the day. He is scribbled post-it notes, phone reminders and neatly folded laundry. Hide-a-keys. New tools. Tow ropes. Dustin is loud music and good base and feeling infinite. He is a constant furnace of warmth on a cold day. The protective arm around my shoulder on icy nights. He is stubborn generosity ad compassion. A millions shades of blue, like shattered glass reflected in the sky. Endless. He is the smirk of mischief. The wiggle of happiness. A sigh of contentment. The sleepy smile in the morning. Dusty is freckles and worn hands. Climbing. Adventures. Drifting. All wrapped into heartfelt laughter. 
Dustin is faith in the plan. He is hope for futures. He is love. He is home.
He is everything to me.

1 comment:

Tara said...

You are a beautiful writer. I have a weird analogy that I feel is too silly to leave in a comment, so I will fb message it to you. Anyway, I love this.