29.12.10

macbooks and fuzzy vests.

soooo, once upon a time, I dated (and still am dating) this boy who was (and is) really great. but before we fell in love and lived happily ever after, we were still in that process of getting to know each other and learn about each other and becoming friends. During one of the first times we hung out outside of class, he came over to study for a humanities test we had in a few days. (as you can see in the post below, clearly we loved our humanities class and didn't need to prepare much...hahaha). After playing a few rounds of SMASH on my N64, we decided to go back to his apartment to study. I trusted him with carrying my macbook; an essential tool to my life and studying. As we walked out to his explorer and he helped me into the passanger seat (which would become MY seat in the months to come), he jokenly put my mac on the hood of his truck! I freaked! Who did this kid think he was, putting MY MAC BOOK on the hood of his dirty automobile? He picked it back up after seeing my distress (although he thought it was hysterical) and got in the drivers seat as I snatched it back from his hands. And THEN! I discovered a chunk of my computer was MISSING! SNAPPED CLEAN OFF!

To this day, my darling boyfriend swears that he didn't do it, and although I don't have any solid proof that he was the culprit behind the injury of my computer, I still like to sass him about it. (Love you, sweetheart!)

anyway, today I brought my mac into the store to get a new keyboard and a new charger and the OS looked at, because it has been running a little slower and tends to throw up the spinning beach ball of DOOM on general basis. I love the mac people. They gave me a brand new charger, they are going to replace my keyboard and the microphone, and take a look at the OS and hardrive, ALL FOR FREEEE because they love me and my bebe mac. Also, because I'm still under warentee. but still. happy! I've had my computer for almost three years, and the mac people always are so helpful and nice. PLUS! the guy who helped me today was basically a skinner, straight haired version of Napolien Dynamite. It made my day, he was hysterical. and he took good care of me and my computer.

needless to say, I'm without my computer for a few days while they take care of it. oh well, i'll survive!

In other news, mom tried to buy a fuzzy/furry vest from forever21 today right off the mannequin. It was pretty funny. turns out it was on hold, but she bought a really nice sweater instead. And we spent a good ten minutes putting feathered headbands on her head while she made faces. We were laughing pretty hard.

And I got my hairs cut! It's still long, but I got it all relayered and shaped and it now feels healthy and frames my face and my bangs are back in action! I love hair cuts, they make me feel brand new.

Tomorrow, mom and dad and I are heading down to my favorite city on the face of the planet, BOSTON! We're gonna be spending most of the day in Boston Children's, seeing my Orthopedic Surgeon. I'm hoping to make solid plans about getting my knee replacement done soon, so I can start making bigger plans about teaching in China, or going to Europe or serving a mission for my church. If this knee replacement can give me a more reliable, steady knee and more endurance and stability, so many opportunities will be opened back up for me. So. Fingers crossed that things go well tomorrow. I know that the odds are not exactly in my favor, with infection and hardware and the alleograph and the stress fractures. But I hope things will work out. I want to do so much with my life in the next couple years.

Ham and mac and cheese for dinnah, Iron Man 2 with my mom, sisters and adopted siblings (Leah and Alex tonight) and my favorite person's voice tonight. today has been okay.

No comments: