30.12.10

I run to you

"So, after Dr. Anderson explained what a knee replacement entails for me, my parents drilled her for 30 minutes about the pros and cons. Dad asked a lot of mechanical questions; mom covered the recovery process. It's a really intense surgery. It's more intense than my first one. It's scary. It's a really intense surgery. But she said that after I recover, I'm going to be pain free. Pain free. and that my hip problems will go away. And that I'll be able to move better, go up the stairs, endure more. so she looked at me and asked me if I wanted a knee replacement..."
"Okay."
"And basically...I'm getting my knee replaced the last week of April."
"....wait, WHAT? Chelsie! What?! really?!"
"Yes, really."
"I am so. happy. this is so. happy. this is the best thing I have heard in a long time!"
"Thank you. (lot's of giggling and big breathes and happy tears) So, I'll get my knee replaced in April, recover all summer and probably stay home during the fall semester and take an online class. Go back to school in the winter, and teach in China that summer. And than guess what?"
"What?"
"You'll be home!"
"Yes! I will be!"
"And I'll get to run to you."





No comments: