5.1.12

Resolutions of 2012

Things have been crazy this week with getting paper work done for my Visa. But here they are, none the less. My goals/resolutions for this year!

1. Learn a language.
I know it takes a lot of work and time to become fluent, but I would like to learn a language enough to have a basic conversation in it. Right now, I'm leaning towards French, but my time in China might change it to Mandarin. We'll see.
2. Become proficient in shooting with film.
My "older brother I never had" is letting me borrow his beautiful Cannon film camera with two lovely lenses. I just finished my first roll of film that I shot in complete manuel settings and I have no idea how they are going to come out. But I hope that by the end of the year, I will have film down pat.

3. Expand DSLR kit. (new lenses, better tripod)
I am craving a telephoto lens in the worse way for my kit. Unfortunately they are so expensive! So, I hope to save up and expand my DSLR kit by the end of the year.

4. Create a budget and stick to it!
In order to purchase new camera gear, I need to continue to be financially stable. I've done well with that this last year, but I want to take it one step further by creating a budget and STICKING to it for longer than a month.

5. Be able to jog for ten minutes straight.
I ran the other day for the first time in over five years. It was incredible. But my muscles are so weak and my hips are so ridden with arthritis that I couldn't go longer then two minutes before having to stop. I want to get my body in better shape and strengthen my muscles so that I can run for ten minutes straight.

6. Officially change my major and get on fast grad. Obtain a graduation date!
I know that when I get back from China, I'm going to be ready to be done with school. I need to get my butt to the academic advising office, get through the paper work to change my major officially to English Ed. and try to get my double minor approved. I need to apply and get onto Fast Grad, and then get a graduation date and then stick to my class plan to finish on time! I'm going to be in college forever if I don't!
7. Read Book of Mormon. Again!
Such a wonderful experience last year, I want to do it again, but keep a journal while doing it this time and develop a marking system.
8. Get weight down to 145 and maintain it. 
I'm at the "perfect weight" according to my doctor, but I would like to lose a few pounds and get fit. This means a regular exercise routine and just being healthier and eating healthier and then sticking to it.

9. Continue to stay secure and supportive.
I made it through a year of writing my missionary. It was harder then I ever though possible, but I've learned so much about myself, about God and about my relationship with him. I hope to continue to improve all of those relationships and to stay secure and faithful during the next year.

10. Go to a state I haven't been to before. 
Gotta drive Cazz back this summer to Idaho. Dad wants to stop in Omaha, NE to see his aunt. I want to see Mount Rushmore in SD. Either way, I should be able to cross off a state I haven't been to by the end of the year.

11. Become a pro with my crock pot.
I cooked three meals with my crock pot this last semester and I am hooked. I loved getting up, throwing a bunch of ingredients into a pot, going to school and work all day and coming home to a ready to eat and yummy and HEALTHY meal. I must become pro at the crock pot. I want to make a meal with it every week in the fall if possible.

Well, those are my goals for 2012! A lot of them are a lot more tangible then last years, but that's okay. These are certain aspects of myself that I want to work on, things I want to improve and easily be able to see the results. I'm excited about these goals, excited to hold myself accountable for them by the end of the year. 

I know that this year holds challenges for me, but I also know that it holds blessings, miracles and opportunities to grow, learn and better myself. And I'm excited to see what those opportunities are. Bring it on, 2012. 


No comments: