14.1.12

Patriot Nation

I love being a New Englander for many reasons, but one of them is because of how strong the pride runs here behind the New England sports. We love out Red Sox and we love our Bruins and we love out Celtics and we especially love our Patriots. I know I'm close to being home when flying back from school because my gate at the airport is the only gate filled with people wearing every logo of the four teams.

With the playoffs now in full tilt, running errands today at walmart, the mall and around town meant walking in a sea of Patriot's jerseys. It also means going to the store three times throughout the day to get snacks and soda for the big game. And it means spending four hours with my family, eating said snacks and soda and cheering for our Patriots and laughing our heads off as Mom explains to everyone how Gronk (our tight end) clearly took ballet lessons.

I love being part of Patriot Nation. I love being a New Englander. I love being home.

No comments: