31.1.12

macbook Pro

well, the last 24 hours have been very eventful. After my computer crashed and burned, I spent 2 hours in SimplyMac yesterday, sharing my life story with Dave, the genius guy. And together, we came to the conclusion that: 
1. My computer was drawing it's last breath
2. My external hard drive may not be salvageable, but I won't know until I pay 300 dollars for them to do a recovery data scan
3. I need something reliable for China

And so, I'm now blogging on this beautiful piece of machinery:


I was planning on replacing my computer this year, but not unit the fall semester. But, after everything that went down, I guess it was just time. As my Mom kept on saying:
"The timing stinks, but the timing is great"
because, can you imagine the trouble I would be in if my computer crashed completely while in China?
How on Earth would I complete my homework?

Exactly.

So, I guess it is a tender mercy at the end of the day.
One week until China. 

No comments: