2.11.11

Winter Songs

I'm a believer in Thanksgiving. And I believe that it shouldn't be overlooked. And I strongly dislike that the day after Halloween people are listening to Christmas music without giving Thanksgiving a second thought. I firmly believe in listening to Christmas music; but only AFTER Thanksgiving. firmly.

But, after Halloween, I get into this weird mood for music that screams winter and the changing of seasons. Acoustic driven, soft and layered vocals that breathe warmth in the cold air. And so, today, I started creating the worlds most perfect Winter Song playlist to tie me over for the month of November. I'm listening to some of it right now and all's I want to do is be curled up by my wood stove with the snow falling outside my window. I can almost see out my big bay window back home; the way the snow swirls across the stream of light from the windows and the sound of the flame subtly rumbling in the stove. I can't wait to be home for Christmas and to stay up late, curled up in front of the window with a mug of Lemon Tea and this playlist to sing me to sleep.

Check out some of these perfect, magical winter songs:

Winter Song-Sarah Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson
Blood Bank-Bon Iver
Winter Wooskie-Belle and Sebasthian
Snow Song-Ron Pope and the District
Sister Winter-Sufjan Stevens
Winter-Joshua Radin

No comments: