21.11.11

A place is only as good as the people in it are.

I always get so homesick this week, every year, while everyone packs up and goes home for Thanksgiving. I haven't had a Thanksgiving with my family in four years. It's hard to be away from them.
But, I am thankful for the amazing friends I have out here who always make sure I never go without a place to stay and celebrate. Even when I think I won't have somewhere to go, someone will always open their home up to me. Whether I'm with Julianna and Jordan in Utah, Vicki in Oregon or this year, with Jillise in Boise, I always have a home to go to, a family who will treat me as one of their own and a turkey to munch on. I'm so blessed and grateful and so excited to leave for my fun-filled week with Jillise starting tomorrow! We're going to have movie marathons, finally go see breaking dawn, be crafty, bake, and spend lots of money on Black Friday.

and I know I'll be home in NH before I know it for Christmas time, with my Mama Bear and Dad and my two pretty little sisters; my grandparents and aunts and uncles and my ward family (Kellys, Bratts, Grotenhuises and Yorks) and all of my adoptive siblings. Mom and I will bake a lot and I'll go last minute shopping with my sisters and spend evenings curled up by my fireplace with a book and my kitty. So close. So soon.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: