15.8.11

Telestrations

As many of you know (because I blog about it every time), one of my family's favorite games to play is Telestrations-a witty combination of pictionary and telephone. (read more about how it's played here or here) Tonight was the first time all summer that we had time to sit down and play a few rounds! Here are a few of my favorite rounds (and laughs) from the night. 

Dad had this word to start off:
and he drew this:


Jake's friend, Greg, who joined us for the evening, guessed this:


And Jake came up with this masterpiece, because he thought "kiln" instead of "kennel"


So my mother guessed this while sniggering into her white board:


And Katie, baffled, drew this, handed it to me and said: "good luck."


Originally I wrote: "Cat in a fireplace" but on second glance, I realized that the animal was IN the flames:


and so Dad's "Pig Pen" ended up with this drawing from Ashley:


Katie got "mink coat" in this round


Of course, I had to draw it. Obviously, I didn't do it well:


Ashley guessed:


And so Dad, utterly confused, drew:


Greg guessed:


and Jake drew this:


and Mom guessed:


This probably is my favorite, though. Ashley started off with "Booth"


So she drew this "voting booth"


Dad guessed:


Greg drew this:


And Jake guessed this:


And my mother, bless her heart, drew this.


and somehow, someway, Katie guessed this:


So I drew this:


And thus, Ashley's "Booth" turned into:


...a nativity scene.

I love spending time with my family. I love laughing so hard my stomach cramps up for hours after. I love getting along with everyone and appreciating the individuals each member of my family have become. I love being part of them and am grateful that they are a part of me.

No comments: