5.8.11

Geography Lessons

On the way home tonight, we drove past a dead skunk. My mother said: "Something stinks in Denmark!" (apparently that is an old saying?) The following conversation ensued:

Dad: Do you know where Denmark is?
Mom: It's by Norway and that other guy up there!
Katie: "Germany?"
Mom: "No, up there!"
Me: "I think she means Finland!"

Dad: "Do you know where Morocco is?"
Mom: "Isn't that where people use those shaker things?"
Me: "No, Mom. No."
Mom: "Yeah Huh! Macarenias!"
Dad: "Maracas are used in Mexico..."

Mom: "Holland is in the Netherlands."
Dad: "No."
Mom: "Yeah, it is! Holland! Wooden Shoes."
Ashley: "I thought the Netherlands were islands!"
Dad: "Holland to the Netherlands is like America is to the USA."
Mom: "Right! Holland is the Netherlands!"
Katie: "Where is Denmark?"

I really love my fambly. They make me laugh.

No comments: