7.8.11

four days

I got a phone call on Saturday from my best friend Juli. It went like this:
"I have a proposition. I think I'm going to change my flight and fly in on Thursday instead of Saturday. Can you pick me up at the airport? Then we can drive up to Maine and spend the rest of the week/weekend with my family at the cabin they are renting."
me: "I love that proposition. I would love that more than anything else."

So, Juli is coming home earlier then originally planned, I get to go to Maine and go camping for the weekend, and then I get to go on adventures to the beach, Boston and maybe up north over the next two weeks with my best friend, whom I haven't seen since April! I'M SO EXCITED!

Also. Primary went really well today. I teach a class of seven and eight year olds and on average have four kids a week. Two of them struggle with Autism, so it can be extremely challenging at times. It's been a hugeeee learning experience, but a wonderful one. I learn so much from my kids and am so impressed and moved by their willingness to learn and their love for Christ. It's going to be hard to leave them in a few weeks. Today, Betsy looked at me and said: "Please don't leave us and go back to college!" and then gave me a huge hug. UGH! I didn't have the heart to tell her that I booked my flight yesterday! (BTW, I BOOKED MY FLIGHT YESTERDAY!)

My knee is feeling great these days and yesterday at camp I did A LOT of trucking around with my dad during check outs and I didn't even think about my knee. This is a huge HUGE thing for me because whenever I'm walking for long periods of time, the only thing I become aware of is my knee and how much it hurts and how to step over logs and so on and so on. Yesterday it didn't even cross my mind. I am so blessed-this knee has been one of the biggest miracles in my life and is changing my life every day.

My mom is laughing hysterically at some show on Animal Planet and trying to talk in a southern accent about "Bein' downah in tha buy-yous." I'm going to go join the party.

No comments: