26.5.11

remembering memorial day

memorial day 2010: weirdy dreams, sleep paralysis, studying hard core for humanities test tomorrow. Quizos cravings, homework down by the river, rain rain rain, jamba juice, family guy, new friends who make me laugh hard and who don't mind my random blurbs, death cab for cutie, "there are two of us, what can they do?" "they can still SHOOT us!" my life is beautiful.

Funny to think where I was a year ago. I had a crummy knee and I was just figuring out my hip problems. I was adjusting to life in Rexburg without my brother. That weekend was the first weekend I spent time outside of class with Dustin; where our friendship started. I'm pretty sure that was the day I said: "There is no R in New Hampshire" and he laughed at me and I felt so dumb. And now, a year later, my best friend is currently serving IN New Hampshire. I am in the middle stages of a long recovery process from getting my knee replaced. I finally have concrete plans to study abroad next year. I'm making all my own plans and I'm stronger in my testimony and in my faith then ever before. 
and as hard as my days may be sometimes and as much as I miss being down by the river with my roommates, and drinking Jamba Juice and watching family guy with Dusty; I have New England, a new knee, china, dunkin donuts, and an incredible family, ward and stake that are all supporting me as I work hard to overcome my trials. I will be sitting on the deck of my beach house this memorial day, in a totally different place and time then I was last year. 
And my life is still beautiful. 

No comments: