22.5.11

Meet Symone

She made killer homemade oreo cookies and lived across from me in 109. 
my third day in Idaho, my third day on being on my own, I found myself sitting in her kitchen, eating one of those oreo cookies. Little did I know that cookie was the start of a (almost) three year relationship with this sassy, funny, kindhearted "puerto rican" Washingtonian girl.
Meet Symone (aka Misao):

Symone is dvd collections, funny phone calls and good music. Symone is constant calls to her mom. She is puddle jumping in the middle of a down pour. Laughter and duets. She is a listening ear and sleep talking. "THIS is where I dance." Misao is hair dye and photographs and coloring books. She is scripture markings, sound effects and compassion. She is a woman who can take any army man. Errand runner, FIVES champion and my twin. Misao is courage to take on anything that comes her way and forgiveness towards anyone who needs it. Symone is happiness. 


 
 



I got a lovely little care package in the mail from my adorable roommate this week, full of fun and random things that made me laugh and made me happy. It was so thoughtful of her, but then again, Misao is one of the most thoughtful people I know. I was sitting here, thinking about how grateful and blessed I am to be able to say that I have lived with my roommate for two and a half years. People always look at us like we're crazy, because who gets that lucky with a roommate? 
Me.
Symone has pulled me through every tough time I have ever faced, has listened to me rant and has stood by me when I felt alone. She has never let me down, and always is there for me. 
Do you ever get those random waves of gratitude for someone in your life? You just all of a sudden realize that you wouldn't be standing straight if that person wasn't there, and that you can't see your life being as bright and beautiful without that person being in it? That happens to me a lot with some of my closest friends, but it happens most frequently with Symone.

I'm grateful for Misao.
I'm grateful for the way my life has been shaped so that we crossed paths our first semester.
and I'm grateful that we've been able to get through every tough thing thrown our way
together.

Symone is not just a friend.
She is my sister.
and you can read her lovely thoughts and such here.


1 comment:

Symone said...

Way. To make. Me cry. Seriously, this is one of the greatest things anyone has ever done for me. It was so touching, and made me so happy. I am SO thankful for you, you have no idea. I am thankful that we have been able to live with one another for so long, and be so compatible with one another. You truly have been a rock when I needed one, especially over the last year. I don't know where I would be without your help and love in my life. I hope you know that. I LOVE YOU TWIN! And those pictures brought back so many memories. We have been through so much, and have done so many things together. The future can only bring more. And I can't WAIT to see what the future will bring for you, for me, and for us. Love you so much, Chels.