5.5.11

five years ago...

i was in the same place.
unable to walk, half of my left leg taken apart and then literally screwed back together
and my life paused while i fought to regain some little piece of normalcy back.

but the difference is that today...
today,
i stand firm in my beliefs and
i know that everything happens for a reason.
i love who i am and what i stand for and who i've become from fighting for the last five years.
i know what it's like to work hard for something
and to never give up.
i know the value of true friendship, and true love.
i've learned how to stand up for myself and my body
and 
i believe in miracles

but most of all:
 i am cancer free.

five years ago, my life changed forever.
and today, i've never been more grateful for that day.
=]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are incredible! I'm so grateful to have had the chance to get to know you a little better. I'm so happy that you're doing well too! If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know :)