23.5.11

Grateful Monday!

I really liked everything about today. Seriously.
I woke up and watched a movie while I crafted.
Sheila came over to have breakfast with me and I got to give her a surprise. I loved seeing how happy she was at getting it!
I wrote letters to my brother in Seattle and to Sister Moore and burned mix cds for Paige, Tara, Misao and Jillise, which I need to mail this week!
After that, I worked on a huge service project for my parents/the stake for hours, and I loved feeling like I was helping out and putting so much time on my hands to good use. I loved knowing that the work I was doing was going to lighten a burden of my mom's shoulders and that it would bless the many stakes of New England this summer. I loved being able to give back to the church and I'm so excited for the opportunity I have this summer to keep giving back and serving.
I took a shower and then mom and I went to my first physical therapy appointment. I love my new physical therapist; she really knows her stuff, she makes sure I understand what is happening in my body and she doesn't talk down to me. And then I rocked my physical therapy appointment, because I was determined to, despite the pain and anxiety. Everything about learning how to use my leg again is hard HARD work. After a few minutes of just trying to squeeze my quad, I started to get muscle twitches and shakes. There is so much thinking that goes into moving my muscles in the right way and strengthening them. But I am determined to keep on rocking physical therapy and to learn how to walk correctly again. I'm going to walk limp free one day, no matter what.
Mom and I came home, and I called ILP and went over all the forms and visa applications for CHINA! AHHH! I have to start filling it all out this week and find my passport! I AM SO EXCITED TO GO!
We ate dinner and then Dad took us all out to an early evening showing of Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and we had a blast; laughing and being a happy family.
Came back home, and watched the season finale of M.I.O.B.I. with my little sister and now I'm going to eat some peanut butter m&ms and finish watching Harry Potter before going to bed.

I love being busy. I love living life with a purpose. I love how big service has been playing in my life right now and how extremely happy it makes me. I love seeing how being home right now; although it definitely has had it's set backs, is the right place for me right now. I love seeing plans for China coming together. I love my family and for the love and support I have here. And I love that I'm going to the beach house this weekend with Sheila and Gov and have three beautiful days of reading on my favorite deck, with nothing but the ocean and sea breeze and sunshine to keep my company.

I'm in love with life. I'm in love with living it.
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Paige Munden said...

i like that my name is in this. and i like that you had a happy monday. and i like that you have a new knee. and i like that you're going to china. and i just really like you miss chelsie.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well! You're absolutely adorable. and great. and...simply incredible. And yes, that's so exciting you're going to China! That will be such a neat experience. I'm happy for you, for everything! :)