10.8.10

transformer belt buckle and death rings

i often take for granted how easy it is to be friends with Geoff. there is no judgement, there is no need to explain myself, there is no need to say some things at all; because he just knows me and he knows how i work and how i think. he can tell that something is wrong by the way I bite my lip or the way i scrunch my face. being friends with him is easy; being his sister is effortless.

I'm so grateful that I got to come spend time with him these last few days. I've needed the security and comfort of my brother one more time before I send him on his way to Seattle for the next two years. I'm so grateful for the love his family has shown me and for the beautiful souls i have come to know and love over the last few days. I'm forever changed by the Geddie family and I am so grateful for the new life lessons I have learned by being in their home. They are things I will keep with me forever.

today was wonderful. being woken up by the good morning song and the air being squished out of my lungs. arts and crafts store adventures. olive garden breadsticks. transformer belt buckle and power walking through the mall. movies that make you wanna dance. meeting someone new and feeling like you've been friends for ages. giggles and laughter and making plans for the fall. jamba juice strawberries wild. death rings. heart-to-hearts and pep talks. finding peace. fun pictures. cheese balls and more rat-a-tat-cat. teeth brushing and saying our prayers.

i'm so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life who inspire me and who take care of me and who love me for who i am.

life continues to be beautiful.

1 comment:

MissHannahGrace said...

can i has a geoff? i need one of them every once in a while. or every day. you know.