17.8.10

Katie on band camp and other rambles

1. My sister on her first day ever of high school band camp with Mr. Adams: "It was fun. But it was weird, going back to Alto from Barry. I'm so used to relaxing my cheeks to get the big ones out...now I have to tighten them up and squeeze them hard...my cheeks are sore...MY MOUTH, NOT MY BUTT CHEEKS, CHELSIE!"
2. I have a giant chunk of flesh missing from my middle finger on my right hand that appeared out of nowhere while I was reading my book...story of my life? i think so.
3. Everyone in my family is a grumpy pants tonight. Ashley's plans fell through with her boyfriend and the electric bill for this month came back 70 dollars higher than usual because of running the pool, fans and dehumidifier. Daddy is not happy, Bob. Not happy.
4. "Look...it says I have mail..." "Amazing what computers can do these days." "Yeah...look, now I'm reading it."
5. Today I realized I was grateful for the countless tickle fights I fought over the last semester because my endurance has been greatly heightened and my dad has not won since I've been home yet.
6. SPOILER ALERT: SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
7. Why yes, Dana and I did take the super super super long way home tonight that required us to drive all of my favorite roads between Londonderry and Hampstead.
8. My mom is great. She's so funny and she has great advice and she is so generous and compassionate. I want to be just like her when I grow up.
9. I still haven't gotten Dunkin Donuts yet and I've been home for a week! I must fix this ASAP.
10. It breaks my heart to see how lonely my kitty is without his brother. Sometimes he just sits in the hallway and cries and cries. It's so sad.
11. Lot's of stars out tonight. I wish Juli was here to go night swimming with me, do our water ballet,  float in the pool hammock with me like the good old days. Life was so simple that summer.
12. My brother forgot his towel in his room and my mom gave him a dish towel to use. Hysterical.

No comments: