25.8.10

drip drip drop little august showers


I should be getting my tan on instead of trying not to drown right now. Beach week for the Whitney clan is always the hottest week in August and this year, I find myself wrapped up in a sweatshirt and blanket and a steaming mug of hot cocoa to my left.
I’m not complaining. It’s just ironic. Especially since I’ve been fighting against claims that New England is dark and gloomy since May. Because it's not...usually.
But I digress.
I love hearing the constant roar of the ocean right outside my door, the wind howling around the house and the comfort of a good book waiting for me to dive into. It’s nice to not have the internet to waste my time on, (well, I hacked into someone’s internet successfully right now to post this and facebook stalk) and to turn my phone off because I have no service and to just escape from everything for a while. The air here is thick with moisture and salt and it’s refreshing and I feel alive.
There has been a lot of thinking going on since I’ve been here on the coast. It’s probably too much and it’s probably not healthy, because I am a pro at over thinking everything.

I am so ready to be back in Rexburg. I’m bored here. I miss my roommates terribly. I miss the Klenotich sister fights, Erin’s stories and Anne’s sarcasm. I miss Jillise’s laugh and I miss staying up late with Symone and talking to her hours after our bed time. I miss music hour with Russell and Trish, drives down the big hill with the music blasting with Vicki. I miss afternoons spent in the basement of the Arbor Cove house with Kyle and Geoff. I miss quoting family guy with Dusty and Ryan. I miss being a sass monster and getting away with it!

I love New England, and I love my family. Being home has been nice. But every time I come home, it becomes clearer to me that Idaho is more of my home than New Hampshire is. I don’t really have friends here anymore. The people who know me, whose idea of fun is the same as mine, who I want to spend my time with are all in Idaho. My life is there more then it is here. And that makes me a little sad; but grateful for the people and the comfort I have found in Rexburg.

But I can't help but feel a little uneasy.
things always change.


No comments: