23.7.10

observations on the last thursday of spring semester.

I've had writers block in the last few weeks, so this won't be that good like my other observations have turned out to be. 

Our room looks like it has exploded and Symone's giggles fill the hallway from whatever silly things Mike is telling her on the phone. It's a weird feeling, sitting here on my bed and looking at our somewhat empty room. I've spent three semesters in this bed, with my pictures on these walls and my books on this shelf. There has been so much growing and learning since last september. When I think about who I was when I moved into this room, I can hardly believe how much I have grown. It's surreal. 

I was in so many pieces and bits and such a bitter girl last September. I was angry with everyone, but mostly at myself for not being able to move forward. I put my head down and I went to work. In the time I've been in this room, I have secured a job, a car, two more amazing roommates, three crazy Locus boys who kept us safe and got us out and about, a Brother and a best friend who put me back together and taught me how to trust again, and now friend who is teaching me every day how to be a better friend and a better person and who I am trying out the whole trusting thing with. I saw my very best friend get married and I traveled to a place I haven't been before. I got straight A's and B's and I think I finally know what I am going to do with my life. I learned how to forgive and how to let go of the things that really slowed me down and I am finally moving forward and I can talk about the days of that first fall semester with a smile and with fondness. I'm beginning to love who I am again and to embrace my imperfections. I'm becoming solid in my beliefs and I stand firm in my testimony of my church. I may just be Chelsie, but I am more of my own person today then I ever have been.

And so tonight, on this last thursday of the semester, before I pack everything up tomorrow and move to a new apartment, I look at my bed where I've found comfort and rest for the weary soul for the past nine months and I can't help but be a little sad. But more than being sad, I am content. I am proud. and I am ready to move along.



No comments: