2.1.09

So this is the new year...

...and I don't feel any different...

I feel like I should have resolutions for 2009; I feel like I need them. I really want to better myself and become a better person, and while that is always my constant goal, I feel like actually verbalizing smaller goals and resolutions will help me achieve them. 

1. When I need help, ask for it or accept it.
2. Don't spend my money on things I do not need.
3. Get off of academic probation.
4. Call my sisters more often.
5. Go to California.
6. Make my parents proud.
7. Learn to do what is best for me, even if it isn't what I want.
8. Keep in touch with my friends back East more.
9. See the beauty in everything.
10. Sleep more.
11. Tell the people who I love that I love them more.
12. Don't let distance come between the people who matter the most.
13. Let people care about me.
14. Learn to accept my flaws and imperfections and understand that the people who can't accept them do not matter.

I think that will do.

I wish the world was flat, like the old days
then I could travel just by folding a map
no more airplanes, or speedtrains, or freeways,
there'd be no distance that could hold us back...

there'd be no distance that could hold us back...

-Death Cab For Cutie

I miss you.

No comments: