5.1.09

Back to the Burg


End of break. Leaving for the Burg in 16 hours, from Boise with Jillise.

I got a hair cut a few days ago. Two inches off everywhere. First major hair cut in two years. It was so scary and impulsive. I like it.







Jillise and I are sitting in the dark of her room, the only light coming from our computer screens as we procrastinate our packing. My iTunes library is playing some good music, and it all fits the mood. Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World, Between The Trees and Stephen Speaks. And of course The Veronicas. I'm surprised Jillise hasn't murdered me yet; I've played it so many times today, trying to get all of those words down. I'm almost there. 

In a little bit, we will both close our computer screens and close our eyes. If thoughts will stop running through my head, then maybe I will get some rest. Hahaha, fat chance. Tonight was filled with a lot of happenings, and I'm still trying to process it all, on top of everything that is going on in a few hours. Fear, Love, Happiness, Aloneness, Excitement, Anxiety. I'm trying to sort them all out, but right now, it's all a blur.

 There are a few people who I wish I could be sitting next to right now; some company I wish I could be keeping. Maybe tonight, sleep will provide me the ability to be close to those who are far away. 


I have taught Jillise the ways of the snorting laugh. Heck yes. Our whole apartment will be filled with snorting tomorrow night when we reunite in the cold tundra known as the Burg. I will be back in the arms once again of my twin, and together, we will go back to our routine of leaving epic video messages on Zandra, Mike and Brian's facebooks and cracking jokes that only our Californian friends would find funny.






Things change so fast these days, but it's nice to know that there will be some people who will never leave or let you down. I think I'm finally believing and realizing who those people are.

I'll see you through the loneliness of one more more more
Don't even think about what's right or wrong, or wrong or right
'Cause in the end it's only you and me and no one else is gonna be around 
To answer all the questions left behind
And You and I are meant to be so even if the world falls down today
You've still got me to hold you up up
And I will never let you down down.

-The Veronicas. 

I WILL MASTER THIS SONG!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, like, ARe you ready to dedicate yourself to school yet? Seems to me you still have your head up in the clouds with all missing people! Get on with your life! And go get the GRADES!