7.1.09

Observations from the first day of the new semester

Humanities-Heroic Journey 11:30 AM
Class is in the Taylor, second floor, which is a bummer, cause I have to do stairs. The professor just walked in, he looks decent...we will see. Class is pretty full...alrighty...here we go.
HAHAHA. This teacher just said "Oh flip!" in frustration and called a painting a "picture of some crap!" He also referred to a Matisse picture as: "an acid flashback...not that I know what an acid flashback looks like...but if I did, I would hope it looked like this." I think I'm going to like him. 
International Foundations-12:45 PM
I'm so hungry. Flip lunch time. I'm sitting next to this girl who has the greenest eyes I have ever seen. She's really nice. Maybe we'll be friends. I also met this kid who is originally from Boston. HE LIKES THE PATRIOTS! YES! 
Class wise? It will be interesting. The teacher is actually a English Teacher, and not trained in the ways of the Middle East. hmmmm. 
Book Of Mormon-3:15 PM
The girl in front of me used to live in Nevada City. My heart sunk a little. I miss you. 


Back home. Apartment is still messy, and we're still unpacking. Misao and I are working on this guitar thing. We're getting there. My fingers hurt. Amber stopped by for a while. Paul too. A lot of familiar faces all of a sudden from back East. I miss New England. 

Bow-ties and Prego for dinner. Misao is sitting by my feet and we are laughing at the silly things that come out of our mouths and try to keep ourselves busy and occupied and our minds off the fact that it is only 8:15 and where we should be and who we should be laughing with.

This will be hard. But we'll be okay. We'll hold each other together and we will push each other forward so that we can make it through the semester, off of academic probation and into the summer sun and breezes.


1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Who was the girl that lived in Nevada City?!?!?