27.6.11

opening day at camp!

First Day of Camp, First Day of Camp! And I got to officially unlock and open our front gate!

The first stake girls camp started today, and after a month of hard work and long days at camp, we were ready to welcome in our first group (thankfully our home stake, so we know all of the people we are working with the first time around!). Today (for me) consisted of hanging out in the office with Sheba baby, the camp dog, while they paved the office parking lot (lot's of loud machines makes a very scared puppadog who just wanted to cuddle):






Gassing up all camp vehicles: our three trucks, lovingly named Goliath (the F250), Zeke (our '86 GMC) and Old Blue (our ancient dodge), along with the golf cart, tractor and the ATV.


Running around camp with Mom and doing errands, like bringing recycle bins to the dining hall, unlocking the health lodge and eating Papa Kane's amazing camp meals! (tomorrow is sweet rolls and Wednesday is PIZZA BREAD DAY!)


AND! Bishop taught me how to ride the ATV because I am no longer a risk to myself with this brand new knee of mine! IT WAS AWESOME! I AM OFFICIALLY HOOKED! AND! I loved being able to do something I never thought I would be able to do-I loved feeling LIMITLESS instead of LIMITED!



Serving at this camp is such a eye-opening experience and I am learning so much every day I am up there. I don't worry about things in my life when I am focused on helping out here. I feel so much love for the people I am working with, who teach me every day! 
And, I have the wonderful opportunity to go up to camp for the rest of the week and to be a REAL LEVEL LEADER for the 4th Years (I'm old enough! WEIRD!)

So grateful. So happy. So in love with my life.



This fight was so worth it. 

1 comment:

Paige Munden said...

chelsieeeeee i'm SO HAPPY you have a beautiful new knee. and that it works. and that it lets you ride ATV's. and such. i like that a whole lot. yayyyy. oh and ps i was a 4th year ycl and it was a blasty blast. seriously, it's a lot of fun and you'll have the best time. k thats all byeeee <3