8.6.11

Hello June

Although there are a few more days to go until it's officially summertime, the heat has finally kicked in here! Thankfully, the humidity hasn't come yet, but today was hot! I love New Hampshire in the summer, though. Everything about the way the cooler evenings feel, the sound of the ocean in the morning and the way the sun stains my skin and dots my face with seasonal freckles makes me feel alive and well.

June has already started off crazy; with physical therapy, china documents and of course, Zion's camp. My parents and I, along with the assistant directors and camp caretakers are all over the place, getting things ready for opening week at the end of the month. I'm telling you; there is SO MUCH that goes into an operation like running a summer camp. On Monday, my whole family and I, along with the Bratts, Kelly's, Meads and Yorks were at camp from 4-9, cleaning up the amphitheater, moving mattresses, fixing screening, locating fire extinguishers, organizing paper work, checking locks, and so on and so on and so on. I had an absolute blast; mainly because my sister and I got to drive around camp in the golf cart and I got to spend time with people who I adore to pieces, but there is still so much to do and there is a lot of stress at how big of a responsibility this is. I'll be spending tomorrow, Friday and Saturday at camp and I'll be back up there Monday afternoon as well. Sheila invited me to go back to the beach house next week, so I'll be there for a few days, and then it's back to camp next Friday and Saturday and so on and so on and so on.

So basically, I'm a busy bee this month and won't have as much time for writing and blogging. BUT DON'T FEAR! I've lined up some pretty awesome guest bloggers over the next month to keep you company. These girls are so great and passionate about life and they inspire me on a daily basis. I'm excited!

So. Here are some things about June and Me:


Current guilty pleasure: Hulu Plus. (did you know that you could get a free month trial if you sign up for it with your .edu? I've watched the entire second season of glee this last week, in between camp stuff)
Current color: Gold. 
Current playlist:
Coldplay-Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
Death Cab for Cutie-You are a Tourist
Matt Kearny-Runaway
OneRepublic-Good Life
T-Pain-Best Love Song in the World. 
Current read: I'm in the middle of Wurthering Heights. 
Current drink: Chocolate milk
Current food: Strawberries and Watermelon. Summer Fruits. 
Current favorite show: Glee. 
Current wish list: High top sneakers and feather extentions for my hairs.
Current needs: Just a sentence from my best friend. 
Current triumphs: Bending my knee to 90 degrees yesterday at PT.
Current bane of my existence: Wisdom Teeth. YOU SUCK!
Current celebrity crush: Darren Criss. Please sing to me. 
Current indulgence: Hair Dye and Pretzel M&Ms.
Current blessing: New Knee and Zion's Camp.
Current outfit: Grey shorts and green tank top.
Current excitement: Pool is almost ready for swimming
Current mood: Sleepy
Current link: See below post with cute child who gives the best pep talk. 

No comments: