5.10.10

high places and loving faces

I tend to stay quiet for a while. Sometimes I try to sleep it off, because slumber is the closest thing to complete escape. Close your eyes, block out the world and stop the constant noise in your head for a few hours. Make it all go away.

When there is no time for sleeping and when I can't stay quiet anymore, I rant.

Today, i found myself walking around in circles in the purring laundry room below your apartment, ranting about everything and not getting anywhere in particular, saying the same things over again. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Like the song your roommate is in love with and won't stop playing, morning, noon and night, in the bathroom and in the kitchen and in the car. Repeat.

and you held out your hand and paused me in the middle of the same four words that wouldn't stop tumbling out of my mouth and helped me climb on a ledge and looked at me with that smirk that you only seem to reserve for me and said: "go."
I was confused for a moment. I was bent down kind of awkwardly so I wouldn't hit my head on the ceiling and you were looking at me with such patience, waiting for me to continue my tirade; waiting for it to click.

and then I realized.
I need to be high when I rant. I feel better when I'm standing on things.

and in the moment where I almost forgot myself, you remembered me.


thank you for being my friend.

No comments: