16.9.10

To Marina-

I didn't even know you, but I remember seeing pictures on his facebook and him coming home late one night after being with you and not being able to stop talking about how great you were and how happy he was. I was curled up on the couch in a cuddle puddle between Brian and Chloe and he wouldn't stop smiling. He used to beg Chris to use the car before we could get our hands on it so he could go spend time with you. He was convinced you were the one. He was an avid Patriots fan and a New Englander and like a brother to us all. I adored him and you made him happy and that made me happy. I was excited for you both.

I remember sitting in the corner of the chapel that one day in February after everything came crashing down. I was between my roommate and his roommate and watching you carefully as you sat between his little twin sisters and feeling my heart break in two at what you must be feeling. And you were so strong and beautiful and held it together for everyone. I admired you because I couldn't handle thinking about what you must be feeling. I was a wreck.

I remember seeing you everywhere after that day on campus. You were everywhere. In the bookstore, in the Nordic, in the hallways of the Taylor. And every time I saw your face, I would pull my phone out and call someone and say: "I just want you to know that I love you." because you never know when that opportunity goes away. You are a living example of that life lesson.

It's been over a year since Josh was killed and I haven't seen you on campus in over six months. But today I walked passed you in the Taylor Quad. You don't know me-we never had the opportunity to meet, but I was instantly hit by a train of memories. All of the phone calls, the tears and the moments I realized that there is so much more to life then my little pity parties. The people who I love; the people who make me Chelsie Caroline, the people who make my life beautiful-they are what matters most.

You looked happy and I hope you are. You deserve it.

I guess I just want to say that I am thankful for you and for the reminder that you constantly give me that life is precious and life is beautiful. To love the ones who mean the most and to never let them go. To believe in miracles and to hope for better days. To count my blessings, because I have so many that I often overlook or forget about. Everything will work out.

Did you say it today?
I love you.

Did you say it?

No comments: