22.9.10

perfectly me

my body isn't perfect.
heck, it's far from it.
I walk unevenly
and I don't walk with confidence.
I get into fights with my parents
about money and school and stupid things
Some nights I'd rather be myself then out partying
which usually involves drinking tea and reading a good book
I don't cry.
But sometimes I cry over the smallest things.
There are days when I get through with forced smiles and fake laughs
and most of the time I convince myself that things are always okay
when they aren't.
I'm not ugly
but i'm not beautiful
and I look better in pictures then I do in real life.
I am constantly questioning if I'm good enough.
I'm scared of everything in my life that makes me happy
because I don't trust them to stay.
I love unconditionally 
and I believe that the most beautiful things are the simplest. 

I'm not perfect.
but i'm perfectly me. 

and although I'm still working on loving myself,
i'm getting there.


No comments: