27.9.10

happiness is just outside my window

last night, as the bunk bed creaked tiredly under Misao's little feet lifting her up into her bed, I shut the lights off and waited for her to settle into her blankets.
"Misao, we're happy." I stated the fact out loud.
"Yes," she said "We are very happy."
"Let's remember this moment. and this weekend. and what it feels like to be completely content and happy." I whispered sleepily.
"Yes. We're happy." she repeated.
I remember smiling into my pillow as my mind began to wander and eventually fade away. Every minute of the last three days was amazing. Every minute.
My grandparents, utah, Julianna, thai mango, Grey's Anatomy, 30 Seconds to Mars and CLOSER TO THE EDGE, knee rubs and big hugs and coming home to you, letters with good advice, home movies, and making plans for surprises.
But the best part was sharing it with people who I love and falling asleep with my roommate in the bed across from mine and knowing that after everything we've been through together; we're both happy.


Happiness is just outside my window 

Would it crash blowing 80-miles an hour? 

Or is happiness a little more like knocking 

On your door, and you just let it in? 

No comments: